- New Jersey, USA
Flavor Solutions Inc. is located in Piscataway, New Jersey and is affiliated with Rutgers University. Our 44,000 square foot USDA facility provides laboratories, pilot plant equipment and manufacturing capabilities to fulfill all steps of product development.
Our off-site facilities
- Theater-style conference room
Opens up into the commercial kitchen for demonstrations and culinary classes.
- Commercial kitchen
Designed with equipment specified by major chains.
- Residential kitchen
Equipped with residential cook tops, ovens and microwaves.
- Production kitchen
Organized with equipment used in a production environment.
- Field kitchen
Setting up real time use, commercial shoots, staging design.
- Product development center
Used to develop flavor and functional food systems.
- Ability to develop designer flavors
Center to develop designer flavors.
- Library resource center
Cookbooks and technical information, DVD's etc.
Flavor Solutions Inc.
We bring more than 50 years of food industry experience to support your efforts to create successful new products. In addition to our expertise in creative flavor/texture development and profit optimization strategies.
You'll discover FSI focuses a great deal of attention to what our consumers want.
- Creative development work with more input from consumers before, during and after the process.
- The ability to allow more people to benefit from the process without ever leaving their offices.
- Providing laboratory, pilot plant and production facilities that actually resemble processing plants and residential kitchens where the new products are manufactured and served. And we do it all under one roof.
- Reaction Flavor Development - Meats, Vegetable, Cereal, Culinary and Sweets
- Flavor Application Technology - Meats, Sauces, Soups, Beverages and Snacks
- Seasoning Development
- Texture Modification and Flavor Release Technology
- Encapsulation and Infusion Technology
- Shelf-life Extension Technology
- Culinary Menu Concept Development and Acceptance Research
- Ingredient Sourcing
- Technical Sales Development
- Creative Development Training Courses, Workshops and Project Management
- Consumer research for product acceptability
- LESS - Low Essential Sodium Solutions
- Meat Flavors and Seasonings
- Beverage and Wine and Spirit Flavors
- "Garden Fresh" Vegetable Flavors
- "Fresh Squeezed" Citrus Flavors
- Functional Flavor Systems for Texture Modifications and Shelf-life Extension
- Signature "Designer" Flavors, Extracts and Botanical Blends
FSI's off site consumer testing capabilities include:
- Tiered Viewing Room with floor to ceiling one-way mirrors.
- Equipped with cameras &AV equipment. Recording capabilities.
- Direct communication with moderator.
- Direct feed into the test kitchen for quick product changes.
- Live broadcast viewed at corporate or on the road.
- Moderators are available.
- Oversized sofas and chains, fully stocked bar, pool table, flat screen TVs, live feed from focus group room.
- Private client conference room and fully equipped guest offices.
- One "quiet" room for reading, relaxing